Stowmarket: Songwriters to lead masterclass before live show
- Credit: Archant
A musician from Suffolk will be leading a songwriting masterclass before performing in her home county this evening.
Fiona Bevan, who wrote number-one single Little Things with Ed Sheeran for One Direction, will be teaming up with fellow artist Kal Lavelle for an industry masterclass specifically for women, prior to their live performance in the evening.
The Song Sisters event is a response to Performing Right Society membership being made up of just 13% women.
It takes place at the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts, in Stowmarket, from 4.30-6.30pm and is open to female songwriters of all abilities and experience.
This masterclass is free and includes a ticket for the show later in the evening. More details are available at songsisters.eventbrite.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Doors for the concert open at 7.30pm. Tickets details are available online.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash