Stowmarket running club set for return of charity summer trails
- Credit: Archant
A number of Stowmarket residents are set to dust off their running shoes tomorrow, as a local running club prepares to host the first of its annual summer trail runs for charity.
The Stowmarket Striders 2018 Summer Trail Run series will begin on Wednesday, April 18 and run throughout the summer – as locals of all ages come together to get active and raise money for good causes.
For a donation of £2 per trail, runners can take part in routes ranging from four to six miles, starting and finishing at a pub.
The first trail will start at the Rampant Horse pub in Needham Market, with host Bob Reason.
This year, the club’s chosen charities are CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young), Stowmarket Saturday Club, and Every Heart matters.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome, regardless of ability, and all routes are pre-planned – so no map reading skills are necessary.
Last year the runs raised over £3,000 for four charities.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police