Stowmarket: Suspected burglars removed from roof
Fire crews and police officers were called to help remove three suspected burglaries from the roof of a store in Stowmarket.
Crews were called to a store near Hughes Electrical in Ipswich Street at 2.22am today.
One fire engine from Stowmarket attended the incident and police officers were also called following reports of people on the store’s roof.
One woman made her own way down, while two men were removed by Police.
Fire crews stayed at the scene and helped police officers to access scaffolding and check the rest of the building.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “Images from CCTV camera let us know there were suspicious people on scaffolding on the roof of a building.
“Officers attended and found that a shop was insecure. Enquiries were made to determine whether anything had been stolen.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 6 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 7 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 8 Investigation to find fly-tipper who dumped rubbish near A14
- 9 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 10 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
No-one has been arrested in connection with the incident.