Man on ‘toilet watch’ after drugs arrest
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have the unenviable task of watching whether a man arrested on suspicion of drugs offences goes to the toilet...to see whether he has concealed drugs in his buttocks.
A man and woman in Stowmarket had been arrested on suspicion of being in conjunction with Class A drugs supply offences.
Now, after police believe the man may have concealed a suspected package, he is been placed under a toilet watch.
As part of the investigation, officers will have to wait to see whether any suspected packages to exit the man's body, while medical assistance may also be required.
Stowmarket Police, who made the arrest alongside the Scorpion West team, said on Facebook that the man was being watched "due to the belief that he is plugging a drugs package".
You may also want to watch:
They added: "All possible medical assistance will continue to be provided to him."
Concealing packages can have severe health consequences and in cases can require emergency surgeries for obstructions, torsion and ruptures.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk