Festival of Suffolk Poetry to draw fans from across the country to Stowmarket
- Credit: Derek Adams
The sixth annual Festival of Suffolk poetry is set to take place in Stowmarket, bringing fans from across the country to the Suffolk town.
The evening will be headlined by Grevel Lindop, a poet who has published seven collections of poems, most recently Luna Park in 2015.
He has travelled in Latin America and previously represented the UK at the International poetry festivals in Granada and Nicaragua.
There will also be a reading from the new Suffolk Poetry Society President Kate Foley, a widely published, prize-winning poet who has read in many UK and European locations.
Her working life has ranged from delivering babies to conserving delicate archaeological material.
She was Head of English Heritage’s scientific and technical research laboratories and although she has always written poetry it wasn’t until she gave up the day job that she began to publish more widely.
The event will also involve writing workshops, performances and the ever popular poetry Open Mic.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143