Stowmarket Town Council looking to fill empty seat by co-opting new member
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An opportunity to become a representative of a Suffolk town has become available.
At the town council elections in May, 15 candidates were elected to serve Stowmarket Town Council for a four year term.
However, as there are 16 seats on the authority, there is a vacancy which is left to be filled.
The vacancy means the town council is able to fill the empty spot by co-option.
Any person who lives, works or owns property in Stowmarket may qualify for consideration to join the council.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested are asked to write a submission expressing interest, which should not exceed 300 words.
Once received, town councillors will decide who to appoint.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Stowmarket Town Council clerk David Blackburn said: “We are fortunate to have some excellent town councillors who give freely of their time for the good of the local community.
“We would be delighted to hear from anyone who cares passionately about Stowmarket and believes they can make a positive contribution to the future of the town.”
The deadline for receipt of expression of interest is Monday, 29th June at 5pm.
To apply, write to David Blackburn, Town Clerk, Stowmarket Town Council, Milton Road South, Stowmarket, Ipswich IP14 1EZ.
Alternatively, submissions can be submitted via emailFor more information on the role, call Mr Blackburn on 01449 776393.