Stowmarket: Town prepares for crowds to attend carnival event
- Credit: Archant
The final preparations are being made for a town’s annual carnival.
Heavy showers disrupted last year’s Stowmarket Carnival but the organisers are confident of a bumper crowd for the three-day event over July 19-21.
The event which will be based on the Recreation Ground will include live bands, dance displays and a car show.
Carnival organiser Zoe Lynch said: “It’s all coming together, we have got 70 cars for the classic car show so it’s all going very well.
“The procession is coming on brilliantly, we have lots of groups involved, dance groups, community groups, schools.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone coming along to the carnival is in with a chance of winning a two-room make-over of their home, with labour and materials included.
The carnival committee will hold its next meeting in The Cedars Hotel on July 3 from 7pm. All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
For more information go to www.stowmarketcarnival.co.uk