Stowmarket/Woolpit: Man charged with GBH after teenager injured
A 24-YEAR-old has been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent after a teenager was injured after allegedly being struck by a vehicle in Stowmarket
Stuart Bass, of Steeles Road, Woolpit, is also accused of perverting the course of justice, and is due to make his first court appearance on the charges next month.
Bass was subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following an incident in Navigation Approach, Stowmarket, on September 18.
After being taking to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning, he was released on bail pending further enquiries.
Bass returned to the investigation centre early this afternoon where he was charged with GBH.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old was left with facial and hip injuries as a result of an incident, which occurred at around 1.40am.
He was said to have been found in Navigation Approach having been hit by a four-wheeled vehicle, which was reported to have left the scene.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
The road was closed off by police while officers began their investigation.
Meanwhile, the injured teenager was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, where his condition was originally described stable.
Bass is due to appear before West Suffolk Magistrates Court in Bury St Edmunds on January 4. He is currently on bail.