Stowupland: Firefighters tackle chimney fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle a chimney fire in Stowupland this morning.
Following a call shortly after 9.30am, crews from Stowmarket, Needham Market, Elmswell, Ipswich East went to a domestic property with a thatch roof in Church Road. An aeiral ladder platform, also from Ipswich East, also attended.
Initial investigations determined a fire existed inside the flue of the wood burner, so access was gained using a ladder.
Firefighters used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and a thermal image camera was employed to check for further hot spots.
Two crews remained on scene to ensure the fire was completely extinguished and the incident was closed with all appliances back at base stations shortly after 11.30am