Stowupland/Walpole: Chimney fires
Firefighters were called out to the latest in a string of chimney fires today as residents struggle to stay warm amid the cold snap.
One crew from Stowmarket station attended a chimney fire in Broomspath Road, Stowupland, at 5.20pm today.
They were able to get the fire under control using specialist chimney gear and thermal imaging cameras and the flames were out shortly before 6pm.
Meanwhile a chimney fire in Halesworth Road, Walpole, sparked an emergency response from Halesworth fire station at 6pm.
One crew attended but were unable to extinguish the flames from the fire place, and were forced to use a 9m ladder to put the fire out from the top of the chimney.