Stradbroke Sports & Community Centre receives £30,000 grant for refurbishment work
- Credit: Archant
Stradbroke Sports & Community Centre has been awarded a £5,000 Community Grant and £28,000 Section 106 Grant from Mid Suffolk District Council.
A popular community centre in Stradbroke has received a grant of over £30,000 for refurbishment work.
The investment will cover new energy efficient heating and lighting, sound proof doors between the Main Hall and Webb Room, portable staging, a new sound and light system, and general re-decoration.
The Community Centre will also use its own funds to purchase a new projector, costing £7,000.
A spokesperson for Stradbroke Parish Council said: “Stradbroke Parish Council supported the refurbishment of the Stradbroke Sports & Community Centre, including the provision of portable staging and re-decoration.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe the investment will be for the benefit of the community, and look forward to seeing the centre’s progress.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse