Stratford St Andrew: Cat rescued and given oxygen after house blaze
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a cat and gave him oxygen therapy after a fusebox caught fire.
Three crews were called to Main Road, Stratford St Andrew, at 10am today, after a fire involving a home was reported.
A spokesman for the fire service said that firefighters were originally investigating the kitchen of the property,
However, the blaze further inquiries lead them to believe that the blaze was in an upstairs bedroom.
The home is believed to have been heavily smoke-logged and the origin of the fire was eventually found in a downstairs fusebox.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reels tackled the blaze.
A cat was rescued from the house and given oxygen therapy. It has been taken to the vets.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The fire was extinguished by 12pm.