Person dies after being hit by train at Stratford
A person struck by a train on the line between London Liverpool Street and Norwich has died, police have confirmed.
British Transport Police were called to Stratford railway station at 12.40pm today to reports of a person being hit by a train.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
BTP bosses said: “Sadly, a person was pronounced dead.
“Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
“This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
Major delays were reported on Greater Anglia services travelling through the station while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen