Person dies after being hit by train at Stratford
A person struck by a train on the line between London Liverpool Street and Norwich has died, police have confirmed.
British Transport Police were called to Stratford railway station at 12.40pm today to reports of a person being hit by a train.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
BTP bosses said: “Sadly, a person was pronounced dead.
“Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
Major delays were reported on Greater Anglia services travelling through the station while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop