A12 southbound at Saxmundham reopens following two-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital following a two-vehicle crash on the A12 at Saxmundham this morning.
Police were called at around 10.50am today, Monday, January 15, to the collision on the southbound carriageway at the junction with Friday Street (A1094).
A police spokeswoman said a woman had been injured during the collision and had been taken to A&E by a friend.
She added a stretch of the road, which had been closed by police, has since reopened.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also sent three crews to the scene to assist.
A spokesman said they were called at around 10.55am.
He said: “There were no persons trapped so crews were there to make the vehicles safe.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
“First aid was given by the fire service as part of assisting ambulance crews.”
Firefighters called a stop on the incident at 11.25am.