Orwell Bridge to remain closed overnight until Wednesday due to repair works
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The Orwell Bridge westbound will remain closed overnight until Wednesday as crews carry out repair and resurfacing work on a stretch of the A14.
Roadworks, between the bridge and junction 62 at Felixstowe, are being undertaken by Highways England and have been taking place since November.
However, due to the repairs being more extensive than first thought and the recent poor weather, the work has been delayed.
A section of the A14, between junctions 58 and 55 westbound, including the Orwell Bridge, has been closed overnight from 9pm to 6am since Saturday, March 24. It will reopen from Wednesday, March 28.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by these works and are endeavouring to complete these repairs as quickly as is safely possible.”
You may also want to watch:
All work is expected to be completed by April 20.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 7 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report