Orwell Bridge to remain closed overnight until Wednesday due to repair works
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The Orwell Bridge westbound will remain closed overnight until Wednesday as crews carry out repair and resurfacing work on a stretch of the A14.
Roadworks, between the bridge and junction 62 at Felixstowe, are being undertaken by Highways England and have been taking place since November.
However, due to the repairs being more extensive than first thought and the recent poor weather, the work has been delayed.
A section of the A14, between junctions 58 and 55 westbound, including the Orwell Bridge, has been closed overnight from 9pm to 6am since Saturday, March 24. It will reopen from Wednesday, March 28.
A spokesman for Highways England said: “We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by these works and are endeavouring to complete these repairs as quickly as is safely possible.”
All work is expected to be completed by April 20.
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 9 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 10 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss