Struggling swimmer helped ashore
A SWIMMER in the sea off Felixstowe was helped ashore by the coastguard after getting into difficulties.
At 10.23am yesterday Thames Coastguard were alerted by a 999 call from a member of the public reporting the swimmer had got into difficulty.
Felixstowe Coastguard, Ipswich Coastguard sector manager, Harwich RNLI inshore lifeboat and the Essex Marine Police launch QL07 were tasked to the incident.
First on the scene was the Coastguard sector manager who managed to throw a rescue sling bag to the casualty - a 69-year-old man.
A spokesman for the Coastguard said: “Despite a large swell on the beach from recent easterly gales, the casualty was then able to make the shore helped by the sector manager.”
You may also want to watch:
The swimmer was then checked out by the ambulance service but no medical treatment was required.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!