Man due in court over musician’s death in pub crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been summoned to court in connection with the death of a musician outside a pub.
Stuart McClung, a 36-year-old guitarist from Colchester, died from multiple injuries following a collision outside a pub last November.
The crash happened in the early morning of November 3 outside The Spinnaker pub in Hythe Quay.
Essex Police announced on Wednesday that a man was due to appear in court to face a charge in connection with the fatal collision.
Mr McClung died after a car was in collision with the pub smoking area at about 12.50am.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned for a date yet to be fixed.
A 41-year-old man was arrested in connection with the crash.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Bandile Xozumti, of Waterside Lane, Colchester, has been summonsed to Colchester Magistrates’ Court on January 19 to face a charge of causing death by careless driving.