Student mugged in daylight attack
A STUDENT was mugged in broad daylight as he made his way along a footpath that links Colchester to Wivenhoe.The robbery took place at about 1.30pm on Monday as the man walked along the Wivenhoe Trail, close to the river and the railway line.
A STUDENT was mugged in broad daylight as he made his way along a footpath that links Colchester to Wivenhoe.
The robbery took place at about 1.30pm on Monday as the man walked along the Wivenhoe Trail, close to the river and the railway line.
A man approached him and asked him to empty his bag before threatening him and demanding he hand over his wallet.
The robber then made off towards Wivenhoe along the footpath after taking the victim's wallet and mobile phone.
You may also want to watch:
The mugger is described as being black, of medium build and about 6ft tall. He was wearing a black baseball cap, a black t-shirt and an unzipped black hooded top. He wore blue jeans and had a thick silver chain around his neck.
The victim was left shaken by the experience and Colchester police are asking anyone with information about the attack to contact them on 01206 762212 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open