Student's body found at university digs
By Ted JeoryTHE body of a student from Frinton has been found at her university accommodation in South Wales.Victoria Nie, 22, was discovered dead by housemates at her digs in Uplands, a large student area popular with undergraduates at Swansea University.
By Ted Jeory
THE body of a student from Frinton has been found at her university accommodation in South Wales.
Victoria Nie, 22, was discovered dead by housemates at her digs in Uplands, a large student area popular with undergraduates at Swansea University.
The cause of her death is not yet known, but police in South Wales said they were not treating it as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
She is the second student to die at the Welsh university in a little more than three weeks.
It is understood that Miss Nie, a former pupil at Tendring Technology College, was studying for a biological sciences degree when she died suddenly on Thursday.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 3 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 4 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 10 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
A spokeswoman for the university said yesterday: “Swansea University can confirm that a female student living in the city died suddenly on Thursday morning.
“The university is deeply saddened by this news and our thoughts are with the young woman's family at this most difficult time. Counselling has been offered to fellow students.”
A spokeswoman for Swansea police added: “We attended an address in Uplands Crescent at 7.30am last Thursday where we found the body of a woman.
“We are not treating the death as suspicious and details have been passed to the coroner.”
Miss Nie came from a large family in Frinton and her father, a former manager at the town's NatWest bank, died last year.
Her mother, Cindy, is a member of Frinton Free Church and one of her brothers, Tristan, used to work as the office administrator for the Walk Thru the Bible evangelical charity based in Kirby Cross.
Three weeks ago, police launched an investigation into the death of 20-year-old first year student Nikul Patel, whose body was found on one of the campus halls of residence on October 29.