West Suffolk College course celebrates achievements of young people
- Credit: Archant
A further education college programme designed at encouraging young people towards the world of work has celebrated the achievements of its latest recruits.
Students on the Team 34 course, which is run at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds in conjunction with the Prince’s Trust, have completed their 12-week full time programme.
The course included organising community and fundraising projects, a team-building residential trip and a local work placement.
Jade Morton, West Suffolk College’s team leader for the Prince’s Trust programme, said: “The programme was set up to provide a platform for 16 to 25 year-olds who may have found mainstream education a little difficult.
“They may have a lack of confidence or struggle with anxiety or mental health issues. But this course can help overcome this while also preparing students for their next steps.”
You may also want to watch:
“The success of Team 34 has seen students return to West Suffolk College to continue their education or go straight into employment.”
The Team 34 students were Lewis Rose, Charlie Wright, Zack Harvey, Jessica Reeves and Melissa Fletcher.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
The programme is now looking for new recruits – dubbed Team 35 – for its next programme starting in September.
If you would like to find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org