Pupils bring Mary Poppins to the stage for special performance
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 students from a Suffolk school will take to the stage this week for a special performance of Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins JR.
Pupils from Thurston Community College, near Bury St Edmunds, have been in rehearsal for the show since September, with the huge cast of 120 whittled down from more than 200 who auditioned for a part.
Teacher, and director for the show, Rebecca Harper said: “The whole cast have worked tirelessly, giving up a significant amount of time since September, attending rehearsals at break times, lunchtimes, and extended rehearsals at the end of the college day.
“They have been an absolute pleasure to work with and it is evident that they have enjoyed the production as much as the performing arts team have.
“We have also had support from other departments within the college who have helped with set design and creating props, a student technical crew and a team of staff volunteers who are helping out with a variety of jobs such as chaperoning, front of house and refreshments.”
You may also want to watch:
Evening performances take place from today until Saturday with a matinee on Saturday afternoon.
Tickets are available at www.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain