Pupils bring Mary Poppins to the stage for special performance
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 students from a Suffolk school will take to the stage this week for a special performance of Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins JR.
Pupils from Thurston Community College, near Bury St Edmunds, have been in rehearsal for the show since September, with the huge cast of 120 whittled down from more than 200 who auditioned for a part.
Teacher, and director for the show, Rebecca Harper said: “The whole cast have worked tirelessly, giving up a significant amount of time since September, attending rehearsals at break times, lunchtimes, and extended rehearsals at the end of the college day.
“They have been an absolute pleasure to work with and it is evident that they have enjoyed the production as much as the performing arts team have.
“We have also had support from other departments within the college who have helped with set design and creating props, a student technical crew and a team of staff volunteers who are helping out with a variety of jobs such as chaperoning, front of house and refreshments.”
You may also want to watch:
Evening performances take place from today until Saturday with a matinee on Saturday afternoon.
Tickets are available at www.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 2 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 3 Vaccination centre programme in Essex 'not working' says critic
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Hundreds of new homes approved for rural village
- 7 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 8 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 9 Alan Lee: 'If I had any friendly advice for Town, I'd say mix it up a bit.'
- 10 Infection rates continue to fall across Suffolk and Essex