Students overcome by fumes

AMBULANCE crews were called to deal with 25 students overcome with fumes after a pottery class at a Suffolk college today.

AMBULANCE crews were called to deal with 25 students overcome with fumes after a pottery class at a Suffolk college today.

The incident happened at the Castle Manor and Business Enterprise College in Haverhill.

People started showing signs of nausea and breathing problems and the college in Eastern Avenue had to be evacuated.

A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it appeared the fumes had come from clay being baked at high temperatures.


You may also want to watch:


Paramedics treated people at the scene following the incident at 12.53pm but did not expect to need to take anyone to hospital.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter