Sudbury-based Chambers Coaches launches more buses and cheaper fare options
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Sudbury-based coach company has unveiled a new programme of more buses and cheaper fares to re-establish the form of transport as a genuine alternative for people.
Chambers Coaches’ new service, which begins on May 29, includes buses up to every 30 minutes between Sudbury and Colchester, more buses between Sudbury and Bury St Edmunds and monthly anywhere tickets for £99 on the new m-ticket app.
The company says the new service is designed to make bus travel a genuine alternative to the car for commuters, shoppers and families.
Jeremy Cooper, managing director, said: “We believe that this investment in a more attractive service will persuade many more people to use the bus – sharing our road space will benefit everyone in the community.”
Other new services include:
You may also want to watch:
• New commuter departures from Colchester at 1705 and 1735, and from Bury St Edmunds at 1742
• Buy one – take the family for half price offer on off-peak return tickets for family shopping trips and days out
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
- 10 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
• Hourly daytime service to Nayland on route 84
• New Sudbury local ticket covering Cornard and Long Melford for only £12 per week
Mr Cooper added: “This is the latest stage of our development of the Chambers business following our launch of a new training facility earlier in the year.
“We are all really excited by the opportunities it presents to re-establish bus travel as a genuine alternative for people.
“We have a hard-working and dedicated team of people at Chambers and they are all keen to deliver this improved service to local people.”