Sudbury: Cats rescued from house fire
- Credit: Archant
THREE cats had to be rescued from a burning house after a fire broke out in a tumble dryer.
Fire fighters were called to the incident in Mountbatten Road, Sudbury just after 3.45pm.
Two crews from Sudbury and a further crew from Long Melford attended. No-one was in the two storey terraced property when the fire started. A neighbour called for help after hearing a smoke alarm.
At the scene, crew commander Danny Forster said: “We had to force entry through the front door and found the tumble dryer in the kitchen well alight.
“Thankfully no-one was injured as the property was not occupied at the time. Fortunately the people in the neighbouring property were alerted to the fire when the smoke alarm went off, which highlights the importance of having smoke detectors fitted.”
He added: “We did find three cats inside the property and two of those have now been handed over to a vet.”
One hose reel and a covering jet were used to bring the blaze under control by 4.20pm. Fire fighters ventilated the property and remained at the scene for more than an hour.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 9 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'