Welcoming all crafters to The Woolpatch
- Credit: Archant
Now the nights are getting longer, it’s the perfect time to stock up your crafting stash.
In the heart of Long Melford, you’ll find The Woolpatch, a wonderful little yarn and fabric shop which is a haven for crafters. Perfect for dressmakers, knitters and crocheters alike, you’ll discover everything you need to get creating – whether you’re a seasoned pro or a complete newbie.
Specialising in children’s fabrics, The Woolpatch offers a wide selection of materials, perfect for making all types of garments for kids, from tops and trousers, dresses and jackets, and cardigans and quilts.
Find a fantastic range of yarns in all different colours and sizes, including 4ply, double knit (dk), Aran, chunky and vegan-friendly acrylics. The Woolpatch is also home to the Lavenham Blue Collection, which is hand-dyed 4ply yarn using woad from sheep just 10 minutes away from the shop – meaning it has a very small carbon footprint. This stunning collection is available for a limited time only, and makes a fantastic edition to any yarn stash.
Owner, Stuart Race says that more people have recently started crafting as it offers excellent mental health benefits. Stuart says: “Crafting gives your mind and body a breather, as it allows you to escape from the hectic events that are happening in day-to-day life. When you’re concentrating on a craft, you’re not able to dwell on your everyday stresses, instead, you’re putting your time to good use by practicing a therapeutic skill and completing a project.
You may also want to watch:
“Knitting is becoming much more popular as it gets us away from technology. I think we’re all guilty of scrolling through our phones and sitting mindlessly in front of the telly. I know I’d much rather spend my time working on a new pattern or knitting a new jumper!”
Welcoming all crafting abilities, Stuart encourages everyone to visit the shop and have a chat about what they’re making. He says: “If we get stuck on a make it’s easy to pop it in the project box and let it sit there for weeks – sometimes months! I’d much rather people come into the shop or give me a call so I can give them some advice – I’m no professional, but we can learn together. I’m also keen to get new crafters started, so I can help people chose the right yarn and fabric – or whatever they need.”
For more information visit thewoolpatch.com or call 01787 313452.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces