Sudbury/Essex: Rail services cancelled after disturbance at station
Rail services on the Marks Tey-Sudbury line were disrupted this morning after a passenger caused a disturbance on a station platform.
Police were called to Sudbury station at 7.20am after reports of an aggressive man causing damage to the platform.
It is understood the man was punching a wall.
Officers from Suffolk Police attended the incident and restrained the man, before escorting him with the ambulance service for treatment at the A&E department at West Suffolk Hospital.
He was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
The 7.16am service from Sudbury was delayed and then cancelled after the incident.
Later services, the 7.33am from Marks Tey and the 7.59am from Sudbury, were also cancelled.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting