Sudbury: Fire crews called out after gas leak reported in block of flats

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

GAS board workers were called out to a block of flats in Sudbury on Wednesday following reports of a gas leak in the building.

Two fire crews from Sudbury were also mobilised to the scene, in Minden Road, when the alarm was raised at 11.20am.

On arrival, the crews discovered the gas leak had already been made safe and they returned to their station by 11.50am.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter