Pedestrian, 65, taken to hospital after town centre crash
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET MAPS
A central road in Sudbury has now cleared following a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
Suffolk Police attended the road traffic collision at the junction of Gregory Street and Gainsborough Street at around 9am.
A spokesman for the force confirmed that a car and a pedestrian were involved and a 65-year-old has been taken to hospital with injuries which are not believed to be serious.
In an earlier tweet, StEdmundsbury Police said: "Road currently blocked at Gregory street and Gainsborough Street in Sudbury due to a RTC. Please find alternative routes, thank you."
According to the AA route traffic map the collision is now easing in the area after drivers experienced delays of around 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, the A140 is set to be closed for most of the day following a serious collision involving a lorry and two cars.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers are being urged to avoid the area.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies