Sudbury/Hadleigh: Plans will reveal future of two towns
BABERGH residents can comment on the first part of a new district plan, which will shape the future development of towns including Sudbury and Hadleigh.
Public consultation on proposed changes to the new planning policy framework for the Babergh district opened this week.
The consultation is part of the authority’s process of working towards adopting the first part of a new Local Plan for the area.
The proposed modifications, which were agreed by the full council last month, aim to make the Core Strategy document conform to the Government’s recently-approved National Planning Policy Framework. Although the changes in the document are limited, it defines the boundaries for most of the district’s strategic sites, including Hadleigh, land north of Sudbury and the Ipswich fringe.
Rich Cooke, Babergh’s spatial planning policy corporate manager, said: “The new framework will be extremely important for the future planning of the Babergh area and the delivery of a range of identified planning-related objectives.
“All-in-all, it will have at its heart, an approach that recognises and respects the individual character and distinctiveness of the district, and helps to make it the place that it is.”
The draft Core Strategy aims to promote the local economy and job opportunities within the district. Housing and the related infrastructure have also been earmarked as a priority, and the plan contains positive new approaches towards delivering affordable housing across the Babergh area. The consultation documents can be viewed at www.babergh.gov.uk/babergh/ldf and submmissions must be made before August 24.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town