Cheers! Beer and gin festival to be staged by hockey club
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A hockey club is to stage its first ever beer and gin festival - in what it is dubbing "Hocktoberfest".
Sudbury Hockey Club will host the event at its Quay Lane clubhouse on Saturday, September 25 and Sunday, September 26 in a large marquee, to replicate a Munich beer hall atmosphere.
It will feature local ales and German lagers and gins from around the country, with band The Good, The Bad, The Ugly…and Jim providing entertainment on Saturday.
Hockey club chairman Edd Burton said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming the community to Sudbury Hockey Club, for what promises to be a fantastic event to kick-off the hockey season.
"The club is embarking on a five-year fundraising campaign to support the upgrade of the pitch at Great Cornard Leisure Centre where we play our home games, and we expect Hocktoberfest to become an annual fixture.”
You may also want to watch:
The club was founded in 1905 and currently has four men's teams and three women's teams.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash