Sight loss society moves meetings to new venue
- Credit: Archant
A support group for people suffering from sight loss is moving to new premises for its monthly meetings from Thursday February 27.
The Sudbury Macular Society Support Group will meet every last Thursday each month between 1.30p and 3.30pm at The Christopher Centre, 10 Gainsborough Street.
The new venue will be used from February 27.
Annemarie Taylor, regional manager, said: "This group is here for anybody affected by macular disease and we want to encourage people to come along.
"Friends and family are also very welcome. It's good to be able to learn from each other's experiences and get tips. The peer support can be so helpful.
You may also want to watch:
"Our groups can really help people increase in confidence and become more independent. The group invites guest speakers on a variety of subjects. The meetings are also social occasions where we can chat over a cup of tea."
Contact Ms Taylor on 07787 248 815 or email@example.com
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop