Sudbury: New inquest date set for little Alan
A NEW inquest date has been set in the case of a little boy who died while walking along an old railway line during a scouting meet.
Alan Lock, six, of Cedar Walk in Acton, was found in the River Stour, Sudbury, on June 16 last year while he was on an outing with the Beaver Scouts.
The child was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds where he was pronounced dead.
In inquest into his death was initially expected to be held last month in Bury.
However that date had to be set aside.
You may also want to watch:
A new date has now been confirmed for the inquest to take place.
The full inquest will take place over five days split into two chunks.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
It will take place on March 2, 3 and 4 and then March 8 and 9 at The Athenaeum in Bury.