Sudbury opticians shortlisted for national award in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury opticians has been shortlisted for a prestigious national prize at an awards ceremony which celebrates the industry.
Wardale Williams, in Gainsborough Street, has been named as a finalist in the Family Practice of the Year category of the annual Optician Awards.
The awards have been running for more than 20 years and its black-tie ceremony is recognised as the annual highlight of the optical industry.
Wardale Williams and its sister company Observatory the Opticians also has practices in Ipswich, Haverhill, Beccles and Southwold in Suffolk, Halstead and Leigh-on Sea in Essex and Muswell Hill in north London.
Amanda Skinner, Sudbury practice manager, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be recognised as one of the best family practices in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“We feel honoured and take a lot of satisfaction that our professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer care is being recognised.
“Over the past four years both Wardale Williams and Observatory the Opticians have been successful in a number of categories at the Optician Awards, and we hope that trend continues when the winner of the Family Practice of the Year is announced in April.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
The Optical Awards will be held on Saturday, April 14, at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.