Sudbury opticians shortlisted for national award in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury opticians has been shortlisted for a prestigious national prize at an awards ceremony which celebrates the industry.
Wardale Williams, in Gainsborough Street, has been named as a finalist in the Family Practice of the Year category of the annual Optician Awards.
The awards have been running for more than 20 years and its black-tie ceremony is recognised as the annual highlight of the optical industry.
Wardale Williams and its sister company Observatory the Opticians also has practices in Ipswich, Haverhill, Beccles and Southwold in Suffolk, Halstead and Leigh-on Sea in Essex and Muswell Hill in north London.
Amanda Skinner, Sudbury practice manager, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be recognised as one of the best family practices in the UK.
“We feel honoured and take a lot of satisfaction that our professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer care is being recognised.
“Over the past four years both Wardale Williams and Observatory the Opticians have been successful in a number of categories at the Optician Awards, and we hope that trend continues when the winner of the Family Practice of the Year is announced in April.”
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Matchday Live: McGreal's Town behind at The Valley
The Optical Awards will be held on Saturday, April 14, at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.