Sudbury: Police seek driver after man is struck by car
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a car struck a pedestrian before driving off without stopping.
The 19-year-old victim, who was walking along York Road in Sudbury with two friends, was hit by a silver car, possibly a Renault Laguna.
A police spokesman said he was knocked unconscious before being taken to hospital with injuries to his ribs and back.
The car, which had a broken windscreen, failed to stop and police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the vehicle with any unexplained damage to the windscreen or bonnet.
The incident happened between 3am and 3.30am on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Pc Tony De Brito at Sudbury Police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day