Man faces axe charge after robbery of couple in Suffolk town
- Credit: Su Anderson
A man has been arrested and charged with robbery and possessing an axe after an incident in a Suffolk town.
Police said the incident took place in Quay Lane, Sudbury, as a couple were placing items into their parked car.
The man and woman were allegedly robbed of handbags containing jewellery, an i-phone, keys and other personal property.
On Thursday officers arrested 29-year-old Stuart Bocock in Doncaster on suspicion of robbery at 5.30pm on December 18, 2019
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said Bocock, of Thorntondale Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, had been charged with robbery and possession of pointed/bladed article – namely an axe.
He was remanded to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today at 10am.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners