Man charged with GBH after man left with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man with grievous bodily harm following an incident which left a man with serious injuries.
Officers received a report on Saturday, May 2 at about 7.30pm of a man, aged in his 40s, being hit on the head at a property in the town’s Suffolk Road.
His injuries were not thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Following police enquiries officers later the same evening arrested a 33-year-old male and a 38-year-old male both on suspicion of GBH.
Both were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Roberts, of Grenville Road, Sudbury, was charged on Sunday, May 4 with grevious bodily harm, possession of an offensive weapon, namely a machette, and aggravated burglary with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. He was remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on June 1, 2020.
A 33-year-old male also arrested was released on police bail pending further enquiries. He is due to answer bail at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on May 29.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any knowledge of it should contact Bury St Edmunds CID by calling 101 and quoting crime reference 37/24376/20.
Alternatively anyone with information should visit this website.