Meeting will discuss plans for town park
People are being invited to hear proposals for Sudbury’s Belle Vue Park at a meeting later this month.
Sudbury Town Council will host its annual meeting at the town hall on March 20, where plans for the park will be revealed.
Concerns have been raised about plans for a Premier Inn which would see a portion of the park redeveloped, and a rally has been planned for April 6.
MORE: Campaign launched over fears for future of key town park amid hotel development planJohn Ward, leader of Babergh District Council, will attend the meeting to discuss the plans, and has denied that the space is under threat.
There will also be other services on show at the meeting including Sudbury Library, Sudbury Ephemera Group, the police and safer neighbourhood team, and the chance to speak to town and county councillors.
The meeting will take place in the assembly room of Sudbury Town Hall on Wednesday, March 20, from 7pm until 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Free refreshments will be available.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family