Sudbury: Woman reports sexual assault after waking injured in “rural location” having been separated from a friend in East Street venue
- Credit: Archant
A woman who woke up injured and in a “dishevelled state” after becoming separated from her friend during a night out in Sudbury has reported being sexually assaulted.
The woman, who is in her early 30s, reported the attack to police yesterday morning.
A police spokesman said she had spent Friday evening out with a friend but became separated while at a venue in East Street.
“It is understood the woman left the venue and her next recollection is waking up in rural location in a dishevelled state with injuries to her body in the early hours of Saturday morning,” the spokesman said.
The woman tried to make her way home and sought help nearby.
Specialist trained officers are working with the victim and taking statements from others to try to establish the full facts and a location for where the offence took place.
Police are keen to identify the person who helped the victim during the early hours of Saturday morning or speak to anyone who has information in relation to this incident.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
Calls should be made to the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting SU/14/537 or Crimestoppers on 0800