Remember 2003, the last time heat records in Suffolk were broken?
Today’s temperatures might set an all-time record for Suffolk - but do you remember the last time the county set a heat record?
Cavendish towards the west of the county recorded highs of 33.7C on Wednesday, July 25 - but August 10 2003 still remains the all-time Suffolk record.
It was a memorable day for many - not just for the sweltering heat, which reached 37.3C in Cavendish, but because it was also the weekend of Felixstowe Carnival.
These pictures by Archant photographers taken 16 years ago show organisers and participants were making the most of the glorious summer sunshine.
The images show both young and old getting into the spirit of the fun event by dressing up in a variety of costumes, looking all the more colourful in the blazing sun.
You may also want to watch:
However that memorable day could yet be eclipsed, with the country in the grip of a heatwave and temperatures already reaching about 32C by lunchtime.
There are no carnivals planned for today should the record be broken, but plenty of people will be making the best of Suffolk's picturesque outdoors as the school summer holidays get under way for many.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Matchday Live: Level at the break as owner Johnson watches on
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
It is also the perfect day to do the Elmer trail in Ipswich - provided you take care to drink lots of water, wear suncream and spend time in the shade, of course.
Essex could also break its record temperature of 36.1C - although photos of that day are not quite so readily available, as that was set at Halstead Brewery on August 19 1932.
? How are you enjoying the hot weather? Send your pictures to us via email