Suffolk and Essex rail service delays caused by over-running engineering works
- Credit: PA
Over-running engineering works are causing delays on the region’s mainline this morning.
Greater Anglia said disruption was expected until 8.30am due to work being carried out by Network Rail between London Liverpool Street and Stratford.
All lines have reopened, but services may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
Further delays may occur in the Colchester area due to an earlier faulty engineer’s train which also caused works to overrun by 30 minutes.
People travelling to or from Liverpool Street, Shenfield, Southend Victoria, Chelmsford, Braintree, Colchester, Harwich, Ipswich and Norwich could be affected.
You may also want to watch:
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” a spokesman said.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop