Suffolk and Essex rail service delays caused by over-running engineering works
- Credit: PA
Over-running engineering works are causing delays on the region’s mainline this morning.
Greater Anglia said disruption was expected until 8.30am due to work being carried out by Network Rail between London Liverpool Street and Stratford.
All lines have reopened, but services may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
Further delays may occur in the Colchester area due to an earlier faulty engineer’s train which also caused works to overrun by 30 minutes.
People travelling to or from Liverpool Street, Shenfield, Southend Victoria, Chelmsford, Braintree, Colchester, Harwich, Ipswich and Norwich could be affected.
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” a spokesman said.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 9 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms