Roadworks to resume after festive break - with closures to A14, A120 and M11 in Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
The nationwide suspension of roadworks over the festive period ends on Tuesday - when motorists in Suffolk and Essex will be faced with full and part closures of major routes including the A14, A120 and M11.
Highways England had lifted almost 400 miles of roadworks across the country from 6am on Friday, December 22, to minimise disruption for people travelling over Christmas.
Its programme of roadworks resumes on Tuesday, January 2, when it aims to cause “as little disruption as possible”.
Vegetation clearances along verges of the A14 in Suffolk, will see various westbound closures between Felixstowe and Newmarket, between 8pm and 6am. Further verge clearances will be carried out between Newmarket and Trapston, also on the westbound A14 and between the same times each night. Major work on the new A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon scheme will resume, bringing regular lane or carriageway closures on the A1 and A14, as well as some local roads, between 8pm-6am.
Resurfacing work on the A120 between Braintree and Marks Tey will, which will see signs replaced and road markings renewed, means the road will be closed on weeknights between 9pm and 6am until Friday, January 5.
Safety improvements on the A120 Hare Green roundabout, Harwich Road, east of Colchester, will involve site investigations and vegetation clearance work throughout the week, but Highways England says it will have “no impact on any road users”.
Further vegetation clearances will be carried out along the A120 in both directions between Braintree and Harwich, with temporary traffic signals in place overnight between 8pm-6am.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
Drainage surveys on the M11 between Harlow and Stansted will continue, with outside lane closures on weeknights between 8pm-6am