Storms to hit Suffolk and Essex this morning before temperatures rise to 30C
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Thunder and lightning are set to hit Suffolk and Essex this morning before temperatures rise to 30C in a hot and humid afternoon.
Thunderstorms are currently moving in from Kent, which has experienced a thundery start to the morning.
Temperatures have already risen into the high teens across the region, with lightning and thundery showers set to come imminently – and a yellow weather warning remains in place.
Adam Dury, forecaster at Norwich-based Weatherquest, said: “Essex is already beginning to see some lightning strikes and it’s a cloudy and humid start to the day.
“The storm will shortly move in and mostly be along the coast, with Clacton and Felixstowe set to experience some lightning.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be the odd bit inland, but it is mostly going to be a cloudy, hot and humid day with temperatures set to hit 30C.”
The Met Office yellow weather warning adds there is a chance of flooding of homes and businesses, while powercuts may also occur.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
Mr Dury added there is a chance thunderstorms may return in the late afternoon and evening – as well as tomorrow morning.
Temperatures are set to remain in high teens overnight.