Drivers warned to take care in fog - but weather set to become warm and sunny
- Credit: Archant
Early morning fog is said to be causing dangerous driving conditions for motorists in parts of Suffolk and Essex this morning.
Essex County Council’s travel alerts Twitter account posted pictures of thick fog on road in the county, including Chelmsford and Braintree.
“Please reduce your speed and use your dipped headlights,” it said.
Flights to UK airports including Stansted are also said to be affected by the foggy conditions.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said the early mist and low cloud would clear to leave a “fine day” with sunny spells developing.
You may also want to watch:
“Winds will be light, and rather variable in direction, while top temperatures will be close to 21C,” Weatherquest tweeted.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence