Suffolk and North East Essex wakes up to dusting of frost
- Credit: North News & Pictures Ltd
Much of Suffolk and North East Essex was waking up to a dusting of early morning frost as winter started to take its grip ahead of the predicted snow tomorrow.
Many drivers were having to scrape their windscreens before setting off with the temperatures due to rise to 2 degrees during the day.
Gritters were out spreading the roads and forecasters said it will stay very cold throughout today with some inland places only just rising above freezing.
It will be sunny and largely dry for most with light or moderate winds inland, but brisk winds near coasts.
Tonight it will turn dry and clear and at first with a widespread frost.
You may also want to watch:
Increased cloud will bring snow before dawn, but with rain near coasts in freshening south-easterly winds.
Further afield a spell of heavy snow is possible over some central parts of the UK during Sunday.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
This could lead to road, rail and air travel delays, with the potential for vehicles to become stranded or public transport to be cancelled.
Rural communities with limited access routes could become cut off.
Do you have any photos of today’s weather and the frosty scenes?
If so email them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org