Suffolk and North East Essex wakes up to dusting of frost
- Credit: North News & Pictures Ltd
Much of Suffolk and North East Essex was waking up to a dusting of early morning frost as winter started to take its grip ahead of the predicted snow tomorrow.
Many drivers were having to scrape their windscreens before setting off with the temperatures due to rise to 2 degrees during the day.
Gritters were out spreading the roads and forecasters said it will stay very cold throughout today with some inland places only just rising above freezing.
It will be sunny and largely dry for most with light or moderate winds inland, but brisk winds near coasts.
Tonight it will turn dry and clear and at first with a widespread frost.
Increased cloud will bring snow before dawn, but with rain near coasts in freshening south-easterly winds.
Further afield a spell of heavy snow is possible over some central parts of the UK during Sunday.
- 1 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 2 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 3 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 4 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 9 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
- 10 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
This could lead to road, rail and air travel delays, with the potential for vehicles to become stranded or public transport to be cancelled.
Rural communities with limited access routes could become cut off.
Do you have any photos of today’s weather and the frosty scenes?
If so email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com