7 things to do in Suffolk and north Essex this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Your weekend inspiration is here, all these events are taking place on March 17 and 18.
Las Vegas Night
Never been to Las Vegas? Well, Stonham Barns is bringing it to you.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will have a casino, an illusionist, a table magician, a three course dinner and an award winning Elvis tribute act.
Andy Ottley, who will take to the stage as Elvis, will perform songs from the start of Elvis’s career to the end.
For more details and to book tickets visit the website.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Aldeburgh Music Club Choir Concert
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Aldeburgh Music Club Choir are joining forces with the Bury Bach Choir to perform an all-Mozart programme.
The concert opens with Mozart’s overture to Lucio Silla K135 - the two choirs will also perform Mozart’s Vesperae solennes de confessore K339.
Tickets are between £15 - £22 depending on where you sit, a half price discount is offered to students.
To book tickets visit the website or call the box office on 01728 687110.
The best of WHAM!
West Cliff Theatre in Clacton
If you are a Wham! fan you won’t want to miss this event.
Spend the evening singing and dancing to the best Wham! classics.
Enjoy the great vocals, choreography, costumes and live band.
To book tickets and to find out more visit the website.
Short Head Tour
Newmarket Tourist Information Centre
This popular half-day morning tour offers a fantastic glimpse into the world of racing.
You will spend the morning visiting the gallops, a trainer’s yard and then onto the National Heritage Centre for Horse racing and Sporting Art.
Your time spent in the trainer’s yard gives you an opportunity to see your favourite stars and meet the team behind scenes.
For more information visit the website.
National Garden Scheme Open Day
Beth Chatto Gardens in Colchester
Spend this weekend exploring the Beth Chatto Gardens with your family.
There is a new reservoir garden to enjoy as well as an audio trail, woodland areas, and a gift shop.
If you want a peaceful calming weekend this is the perfect place for you.
For more details visit the website.
Spring Foraging and Wild Food Cooking
Arger Fen and Spouses Vale in Sudbury
Join local chef Carl Shillingford and plantsman Matthew Rooney for a morning forage around the woods.
The event takes place at the heathland of Arger Fen and Tiger Hill.
You will learn about nature’s spring larder before enjoying plenty of delicious tasters created using the foraged ingredients.
To read more visit the website.
Comic Hero Run
Castle Park and Gardens Colchester
Calling all super heroes!
Get your superhero outfit on and raise money in aid of St Helena Hospice.
The Comic Hero Run offers 1k, 5k and 10k course options and will be held in Colchester’s Castle Park.
You will need to register and can do so here.