Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Suffolk and North Essex
- Credit: peter cutts
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in the east of England.
The warning for Friday is expected between 11am until 8pm.
During this time heavy showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop, peaking around Friday afternoon.
The Met Office say that coastal areas are more likely to be affected come the evening.
Some areas will miss the heavier rain, but other locations could see around 20mm within an hour and perhaps 30 to 40 mm in around three hours.
You may also want to watch:
The warning also indicates that there is a good chance that driving could be affected by spray, standing water or hail.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 10 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale