Suffolk: App launched to check on mobile phone reception in rural areas
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People worried about mobile phone reception and mobile internet speeds in Suffolk are being urged to take part in a survey mapping rural reception.
The Countryside Alliance, which aims to improve rural life, is appealing for the public’s help in improving the issue of reception for residents.
And by downloading an app on to your smartphone and using it to test the reception wherever you go, mobile phone users can help the charity plot the best and worst places in the countryside.
Rural customers pay just as much for their phone package as those users living in towns but often do not get the same level of service, the Countryside Alliance argued.
The charity said it will present the finding of the results to the Government and phone companies to help them improve their service to rural customers.
The app is available from the iPhone App store and through Google Play for Android. For more information, visit www.rootmetrics.com/UK
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village