Suffolk: App launched to check on mobile phone reception in rural areas
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People worried about mobile phone reception and mobile internet speeds in Suffolk are being urged to take part in a survey mapping rural reception.
The Countryside Alliance, which aims to improve rural life, is appealing for the public’s help in improving the issue of reception for residents.
And by downloading an app on to your smartphone and using it to test the reception wherever you go, mobile phone users can help the charity plot the best and worst places in the countryside.
Rural customers pay just as much for their phone package as those users living in towns but often do not get the same level of service, the Countryside Alliance argued.
The charity said it will present the finding of the results to the Government and phone companies to help them improve their service to rural customers.
You may also want to watch:
The app is available from the iPhone App store and through Google Play for Android. For more information, visit www.rootmetrics.com/UK
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket