Suffolk: Appeal after Hollesley prisoner Simon Searle fails to return
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for help to trace a Hollesley Bay prisoner who failed to return following a period of home leave.
Simon Searle, 29, is serving a seven-year sentence in connection with the importation of class A drugs.
He was due to return to the prison from home leave in London on Monday afternoon, August 13.
However, he didn’t return and enquiries are underway to trace him.
He is known to have connections in north west London, where he was over the weekend, and to Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria and officers are liaising with police in these areas to carry out address checks and further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
It’s thought it is likely he is still in London.
Searle is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with brown eyes.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
Police are asking anyone who may have seen him since Monday or anyone with information about where he is now to contact officers.
People are advised not approach him or take any further action, but contact Suffolk Police or their nearest police station on 101.