Suffolk: Appeal stepped up for wanted man
An appeal has been stepped up for a man deemed by police to be one of Suffolk’s most wanted individuals.
William Cassidy is sought in connection with a robbery in Ipswich in February 2009.
He and another man test-drove an Audi Quattro with the supposed intention of buying, but then stole the vehicle by dragging the owner out of the car, before driving it away.
Cassidy was arrested and charged and pleaded guilty to the offence at Ipswich Crown Court in November 2010, however, he failed to appear for sentencing after the judge indicated he would face imprisonment.
A warrant for his arrest was issued in January.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old is described as white, approximately 5’2” tall, skinny build with a small face and drawn features. At the time he was arrested he also had a faint moustache.
His last known address was in Hayes, Middlesex but he does have links within Ipswich and police believe he still frequents here, as well as other areas of Suffolk.
- 1 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 2 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 8 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
Anyone with information in connection with the whereabouts of William Cassidy is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 55511.