Suffolk: Are we really experiencing Arctic temperatures?
- Credit: Archant
THE sub-zero temperatures have been described as being Arctic-like but how cold is Suffolk in comparison with the rest of the world?
Despite the cold weather here, Ipswich appears to be in the middle range of temperatures globally with a high in the Caribbean of 25c ranging down to a very chilly -39c in Antarctica.
This week temperatures have dropped as far as -15c in Debenham meaning it was colder here than in popular European ski resorts.
But at the moment things are comparatively mild at -1c.
For the latest weather updates, see our podcast on the homepage - updated twice daily by the experts at Weatherquest.
You may also want to watch:
Remember to send us your photos via suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk this weekend. Click on the link top right for more details.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash